Stanford Cycling is both a team and a club
Team membership has dues and is meant for those who want to be eligible to race; the club is for those who just want to ride or train with us.
The Cycling Club
If you just want to get out there and ride your bike with us, getting started is easy
- Join our Google Group mailing list.
- Wait for someone to post a ride you’d like to come along for, or advertise a ride of your own.
- Meet up at the team room or campus post office (known on the mailing list as the PO) with your bike and helmet.
- Pedal, stay upright.
The Cycling Team
In addition to hosting club rides in the area, we also field one of the nation’s strongest competitive collegiate cycling teams. Team membership requires quarterly or yearly dues, but has the following perks:
- Full reimbursement of collegiate race expenses
- Comprehensive coaching
- Sponsor deals from some of the best companies in the industry
- Annual weekend Team Training Camp in picturesque California locations
- A high-achieving team with national and district championships…
- …but also with depth across all racing categories, and with teammates who don’t race
- A great community — probably the most fun group of people you’ll find at Stanford. We’re serious.
- Access to a modern and spacious team room full of useful cycling gear and tools
- The ability to rent quality team bikes
- Comprehensive coaching with training plans for every ability level
Are you eligible to join or race? (click below)
If you’d like to talk with someone or come on a ride while you’re on a campus visit, please contact a recruitment officer.
Ready to Join?
Follow these steps.
- Pay dues here. Dues for the 2018-2019 membership year are $225 and include a free jersey, or $75 per quarter with no jersey. Alumni may pay $120 per year with no jersey. Note that you can pay by cash or check if you would like to avoid fees.
- Fill out our team survey.
- If you have a drivers license even if you don’t plan on driving your teammates around, complete the Driver Form. Return this form directly to Risk Management and to the Treasurer.
- Sign our non-disclosure agreement. If you have a SUNet ID, use our online NDA; if you don’t, use the Paper NDA and drop it off with your dues.
- Sign up for the team through Do Sports Easy. Complete all the online forms on this website and the three PDF health forms at the end. The PDF forms must be turned in to the Club Sports Athletic Training Room in the AOERC (Room 103E).
- Do Sports Easy will direct you to fill out some medical information via a service called Presagia. Only a small subset of this information is required, namely fields with an asterisk and photo proof of your health insurance. You can follow along with this helpful slide deck, which will help you fill out the fields you need to while skipping those which are safe to ignore.
We have an official team member only mailing list where you will get access to our coaching info, sponsor discounts, etc. You can only get an invite to this list once you have done all 4 tasks above.