Stanford Cycling is both a club and a team
The Cycling Club
If you just want to get out there and ride your bike with us, getting started is easy just join our google group mailing list and Slack!
Check-out our Rides page to get started joining or posting rides from the mailing list.
You must be logged into a Google account to access the request-to-join page!
The Cycling Team
In addition to hosting club rides in the area, we also field one of the nation’s strongest competitive collegiate cycling teams. Team membership has dues and is meant for those who want to be eligible to race; the club (above) is for those who just want to ride or train with us. Membership also comes with a number of perks (see below!)
We’re back in person this year, and expecting a full season of CX and Road, (and maybe some MTB and Track)! To join the team this year the following is required:
- Join our Slack!
- Sign-up for the team through DoSportsEasy (Register for Stanford Cycling, and complete the health questionnaire and other required forms)
- Cardinal Tier: Sign our non-disclosure agreement online (if you have a SUID) or on paper (email to gtwehner at stanford.edu)
- Pay Dues on at this link.
Dues for 2023-2024 are $150 for club membership and $300 for Cardinal Membership. See membership perks below for each tier. Pro-rated membership prices are available; please reach out to our president.
The following is our normal membership tiers and benefits.
Are you eligible to join or race?
Unfortunately, non-students are not eligible to be members of the cycling team. However, we do offer a friend-of-the-team status:
- Access to select sponsorship deals
- Access to team communications
As a Club Sports team, we unfortunately can’t offer you a scholarship or assistance with gaining admission to Stanford. We encourage you to maintain an excellent academic record and make sure your passion for cycling comes through on your application!
If you’d like to talk with someone or come on a ride while you’re on a campus visit, please contact a recruitment officer.
Club membership ($150)
- 1 dirt (MTB or cross) and 1 road race weekend completely paid for (transit included)
- Access to our team room, equipped with bike maintenance gear
Cardinal membership ($300)
- Unlimited race weekends
- Access to the team elite bike deal
- Eligibility to race at Nationals
Note: it is possible to upgrade from club to cardinal membership by paying the difference ($150).
Both Membership Tiers
- Annual weekend Team Training Camp in picturesque California locations
- Stanford jersey (required for racing)
- Discounted rate on other team apparel and kit
- Coaching and training plans
- Access to Stanford’s athletic trainer for injury recovery
- Sponsor deals from some of the best companies in the industry
- Access to our team room full of useful cycling gear and tools
- Access to team rental bikes
Ready to Join?
Do Sports Easy will direct you to fill out some medical information via a service called Presagia. Only a small subset of this information is required, namely fields with an asterisk and photo proof of your health insurance. You can follow along with this helpful slide deck, which will help you fill out the fields you need to while skipping those which are safe to ignore.
Follow these steps.
Fill out our team survey.
We have an official team member-only Slack channel where you will get access to our coaching info, sponsor discounts, etc. You can only get an invite to this list once you have done all 4 tasks above.